Banning roses is worse than freezing, so remove their shelter as soon as the sun warms up.
- Remove everything that bent the branches and straighten them. Dig around the bush with a pitchfork and support it.
- Before pruning your roses in the spring, inspect the base of the bush for mold and cracked shoots.
- White mold does not harm: it will disappear in a couple of weeks. More dangerous is a gray fluffy bloom - such as that of rotten strawberries. The infected bush will die if you do not take care of the rose.
- In damp areas, flower shoots are often covered with frost holes - longitudinal breaks in the bark. If there are few of them, leave the stems. Cut off branches with brown cracks.
Photo from the site: oroze.ru
- Attention to the shoots: black means dead, green means alive. Or be guided by the cut: if the core is brown, it is dead. Cut until white.
- Trim diseased stems to living tissue 1 cm from the resulting bud. Remove thin shoots and growing "inside" the bush so as not to thicken. It will be right to prune the roses and form a bush in late April or early May when the leaves are blooming.
- After pruning roses, treat them with a three percent solution of copper sulfate or a one percent suspension of colloidal sulfur. Then feed with mineral fertilizers - a handful per bush. Or natural: one or two glasses of wood ash around the plant. It is especially good to do this after rain; fertilizers are absorbed into the ground faster.
Photo from the site: oroze.ru
Roses can benefit from banana peel dressing. It contains selenium, which is good for flowers. Cut the skin into small pieces, fertilize and dust with earth.
How to prune roses that have not wintered well?
Cut damaged shoots shorter, even if you have to shorten them to the base of the bush. Remove thick stems with a lopper, thinner stems with a regular pruner. To cut branches in one or two steps, buy power tools. It connects the handles and blades and autonomously selects the option corresponding to the thickness of the branch.
- Free the graft stump from the ground to awaken dormant buds faster.
- Clean the stump from the peeling bark, doing a kind of peeling.
- To stimulate bud growth, create a humid environment for the plant. Cover the rose with a cut plastic bottle. After a couple of weeks, observe if the kidneys are awake.
Even if after three weeks the rose looks "dead", do not rush to dig it up. Wait until autumn - there is a chance that she will start young shoots from the roots.
How to shape a rose bush
Formative pruning of roses is divided into three types: strong, medium and weak.
- With strong pruning, 1-2 buds are left on the shoot. Usually used for polyanthus and miniature roses.
- With an average - 3-6 buds for hybrid tea, floribunda and grandiflora
- When weak, only the tops of the shoots of park and climbing roses are cut off.
In cold areas, the rose bush is formed in the form of a bowl for better lighting and heating of the plant. Treat the sections immediately with an antifungal agent - in extreme cases, protect with a layer of drying oil or garden varnish.
How to prune a tea rose
Form a shrub 30 cm high in the spring.
- Cut the shoots to mid-stem length and half an inch above the outer bud.
- In summer, cut off dead buds and shorten long shoots.
- In the fall, cut only dry, broken and young shoots.
How to care for roses in autumn
Optimal care for roses in the fall - before sheltering the bush for the winter. Leave strong stems up to 40 cm high, remove young shoots and buds.
The best time for shelter is the first half of November. Only varieties grafted on rose hips do not insulate.
- Remove climbing roses from the supports, lay them on the ground and cover with dry leaves, and on top with branches. Instead, you can use sawdust, pine needles, humus, peat or sand. The main thing is for the shelter to breathe, so do not cover the roses with plastic wrap.
- The crown of standard roses is tied with sacking.
In winter, spread poisoned rodent baits between bushes.
How to care for a room rose
Rose is capricious: you bring her home, full of health, and she quickly withers away. It is necessary to properly care for a rose in a pot, and then it pleases with its flowering for a long time.
If a beauty has recently appeared in the house, give her time to acclimatize.
- Set the flower apart from other plants for two weeks. Water in moderation: so that the soil does not dry out and a swamp does not form, the rose does not like this.
- Spray every day. In the early days, you can do this with an epin solution at the rate of 2 drops per glass of water. Then the flower will bear stress more easily.
The best place for a rose is in the west and east windows. Good lighting, regular watering and feeding will do a good deed - it will bloom for a long time in a violent color.
Room rose care.
- Do not overheat the plant. Place the flowerpot in a white planter or wrap the pot in foil. In the summer, keep the flowerpot on the balcony and protect it from drafts.
- Drizzle with moderately filtered water at room temperature. Feed every two weeks in the spring and summer. When feeding, alternate organic and mineral fertilizers.
- From autumn, prepare the flower for winter - water and fertilize less. In winter, do not fertilize at all and cut off the branches.
- The rose is cut over the fifth bud, counting from the base. It is important that the leaf "looks" out of the bush, and not inward, so cut it off, focusing on the outer bud. If you cut it over a leaf that goes "inward", the bush will be thick.
You need to cut off not only the branches, but also the grafted buds. Do not wait for them to dry out, otherwise the flower will spend energy forming seeds.
Useful article: "How to care for an orchid"