To have a rest to your heart's content, choose the right blanket - warm, or vice versa, cool. Particular attention is paid to the density and type of filler. Information about them is marked on the label.
There are several types of filler density:
- 420 g / m² - very warm. Designed for cold winter nights. Especially the "frosty" - the very thing!
- 300-350 gr / m² warm and standard. Comfortable when it's cool and you want to warm up quickly.
- 220-280 g / m² - lightweight. It is good to take shelter in a warm season.
- 200-220 gr / m². Lightweight, even chilling. A great option for the summer.
The most "popular" types are downy, woolen and synthetic. We will talk about them.
How to choose a duvet
Feather and down are time-tested warm blankets (our grandmothers will confirm). They are light and airy, like a cloud. But 100% fluff is not common and is expensive. To keep the product in shape, goose or duck feathers are usually added to the down. It gives elasticity and volume.
A duck feather is worse than a goose feather. It is smaller, less elastic, falls off faster and contains less fluff. Goose is the most valuable. Lightweight, fluffy and does not come in lumps. Products with a goose feather are softer, with duck - heavier.
Choose a blanket with a feather content of no more than 40-50%, otherwise, instead of a weightless font, buy a hard sackcloth.
- excellent air permeability and quickly warms. It is always warm and cozy under it;
- with proper care, it will "serve" for more than a dozen years.
- down and feathers absorb moisture well and dampen. Ventilate frequently if you sweat a lot. Otherwise, the filler will fall into lumps;
- it is the ideal environment for dust mites. Some manufacturers impregnate the "filling" with special compounds to combat them. But during washing, the anti-allergenic coating is gradually washed off. Not an option for allergy sufferers.
Choose quilted down or stitched in “squares” (not “rows”). In the squares, the fluff is evenly distributed and does not get lost after washing.
How to care:
- you can (albeit troublesome!) wash in a washing machine in a delicate mode at low temperatures. Dry in a well-ventilated place, shaking frequently to loosen the fluff;
- Dry-clean the duvet. Powerful dry steam will kill mites and flush out dirt. And fluff down a feather. A magnificent product will plow with fresh aromas;
- ventilate as needed so that it is not damp and oxygenated;
- store in a dry (not necessarily cool) place.
Useful article: "How to wash your pillow so as not to spoil it: 2 best ways (lazy and proven)"
Which blanket is warmer - cotton or down
With cotton filling - the thinnest and as light as down. Perfectly breathable and retains heat. In no way inferior to fluff!
- very warm;
- does not provoke allergies, dust mites do not live in cotton. Therefore, it is hypoallergenic;
- affordable. With natural filler it is like a high-quality synthetic.
- poor moisture exchange. Cotton absorbs moisture like a sponge, but does not evaporate it. You will have to frequently ventilate the product.
How to care:
- wash in a washing machine in a delicate mode. Spin at low speeds so that the filler does not get lost in lumps;
- ventilate often;
- do prophylaxis once a year. Everything is in the same dry cleaning - cotton will only benefit;
- store in a dry, ventilated area.
For your information: “How to choose bedding: which fabric is better? Why is coarse calico never ... "
Which woolen blanket is best
Woolen blankets are very, very warm. They not only warm, but also maintain a comfortable temperature, "adjusting" to the microclimate in the room.No wonder in the old days newborn babies were wrapped in them!
Wool absorbs up to 30% of perspiration while remaining dry.
- Cashmere is the softest. They are made of the most delicate undercoat from the chest and neck of mountain goats. Perfectly relieve muscle tension. Covering them, you can quickly relax.
- Camel wool - one of the warm blankets. Healing dry heat treats osteochondrosis and muscle pain. Recommended for seniors!
- From sheep's wool, it warms with dry heat. Not worse than down and camel. But the cost is more affordable.
- healing effect;
- excellent heat capacity;
- gorgeous heat exchange - it is impossible to sweat under them;
- unassuming to care for. They will last up to 30 years.
- mites live in the wool. Not the best choice for allergy sufferers.
How to care:
- before washing, you need to study the recommendations on the label;
- it is better to wash by hand (get ready for a feat!) in warm water without conditioner and stain removers;
- for some models only chemical is allowed. cleaning;
- ventilate often;
- store in a dry place;
- protect from moths.
Read: “What healthy sleep consists of. 10 secrets of morning freshness "
How to choose a bamboo blanket
The bamboo blanket is soft (softer than cotton) and very light, almost weightless. The quality is similar to silk or cashmere. Even swaddling in it, like a baby, you will not feel discomfort. It is moderately warm. Ideal for the off season.
- hygroscopic - “breathes” well, you won't sweat;
- pleasant to the touch;
- hypoallergenic - pathogens do not start in it. For allergy sufferers - a good blanket;
- does not electrify and does not absorb odors.
- not the warmest. Especially when you compare which is better - bamboo or camel;
- bamboo fibers are not durable. For strength, synthetics are added to the filler. With careful maintenance, the bamboo blanket will last up to ten years.
Choose only a natural product - a mixture of bamboo and artificial fibers does not absorb moisture well.
How to care:
- wash in a washing machine on a delicate cycle. Dries quickly;
- ventilate as needed;
- store in a dry place.
Tip: how to choose a good sleeping blanket
Synthetics today are not what they used to be! Blankets made of microfiber or nanofiber do not accumulate dust, maintain temperature well and do not electrify. They include all the advantages of natural materials and one more bonus - they can be washed in the washing machine. They dry quickly, do not lose their shape. Don't pass by.
How to choose a silk blanket
Silk blankets are considered one of the best and most expensive. They are sewn from the fluffy fibers produced by the larvae of the mulberry or oak silkworm. The products are beautiful and lush. They quickly regain their shape after pressing.
Silk duvets are great for special occasions or as a gift. Taking cover for every day is not practical. Smooth material slips out of the duvet cover, the blanket "runs away" from people restless in their sleep. And the characteristic coolness of the silk material is not to everyone's liking.
- silk is a good antiseptic. Microbes, fungi and mites do not multiply in it. For the Allegrians, there is no better thing;
- perfectly absorbs and evaporates moisture. Creates a comfortable microclimate;
- with careful storage, it will last up to 15 years;
- a great way out for a sweltering night!
- high price. The price is the same as down blankets;
- not the warmest. Not an option for winter.
How to care:
- can not be washed. If they accept it, take it to the chemistry. cleaning;
- ventilate regularly;
- during storage, do not roll up tightly or place weights on it. Otherwise, it will lose its softness, it will become heavy. Such is the sissy :)
Note: "How to choose a pillow: the secrets of a good night and a cheerful day"
Have you decided on the filler? Now it's important not to miscalculate the size of the blanket.
- according to the standard, the size of a baby blanket is 110x140 cm or 140x140 cm;
- for a newborn - 120x140 cm;
- "Soviet" sample - 140x205 cm. Usually bought for children and adolescents;
- one and a half (called "euro-one and a half") - 155x215 cm - this is the most popular size. Under such a comfortable sleep, even an obese person, wrapped up from head to toe.
- double - an average size of 200x220 cm, for which it is not difficult to choose bed linen.
Watch the video how you can gracefully tuck the sheet so that it does not slip
Happy shopping and sweet dreams!