It will take 5-7 minutes to fry the seeds in the microwave. Faster than a pan. And they turn out great, do not burn!
How to fry seeds
- Rinse two or three handfuls in a colander and dry them with paper towels if desired.
- Place the seeds on a microwave-safe glass dish or flat plate.
- Spread evenly over the dish so that the layer thickness is two to three grains.
This will cook them evenly and will not burn. That is why it is worth pouring only two or three handfuls - no more. If you need to fry a lot, it is better to make several passes.
- Microwave the seeds for 3 minutes at maximum power (750 watts or more). Stir them over time. Then set the timer for another 2 minutes → stir.
- Cover the dish with a suitable lid and shake several times. And again in the microwave for 1 minute.
- When the time is up, try it. If you like with browned casks, grill for another 30 seconds.
Warm up a porcelain or ceramic bowl and pour the seeds into it. Cover them with a towel or oven mitt, let stand for 10-15 minutes. They keep warm longer. During this time, the seeds "reach" and caramelize. The nucleoli will have a sweetish taste.
Salted seeds in the microwave
You will need:
- seeds - 250 gr,
- salt - 1 tbsp. l,
- sunflower oil - 3 tbsp. l.
Rinse the seeds in a sieve and wait for the glass to drain. Transfer them to a china, glass, or other microwave-safe bowl.
- Add a spoonful of salt to the kernels and stir. Leave for 2-5 minutes to soak in the salt.
- Then pour in 2 tbsp. l sunflower oil and mix. A film forms on the seeds, which binds the husk to the grains of salt.
Microwave the pan at full power for 1 minute. After the time has passed, stir the seeds. Do this five times for one minute, stirring. They will be well done. Try it.
If you want to fry harder - until golden grains, in subsequent times, set the timer for 30 seconds. Finally, add 1 tbsp. l sunflower oil and stir. The seeds will absorb it: they will become oily and very tasty. Leave them covered with a towel for 15 minutes to "reach".
How to cook pumpkin seeds in the microwave
Dried in this way, white seeds are tastier and more nutritious.
- Rinse them in a colander with running water.
- Place in a saucepan, cover with water and add salt: for a glass of seeds - 4 glasses of water and 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Bring to a boil → reduce heat and cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the stove and discard the contents in a colander.
- When the water drains, add one spoonful of olive oil or sunflower oil to the seeds → stir until they are evenly covered with an oily film.
- Spread the seeds on a plate and microwave for 3 minutes at high power.
- After the time has elapsed, stir and microwave again for three minutes.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until the seeds begin to brown and snap. When toasted, cover with a towel and let cool.
How to quickly peel seeds
An excellent way when you need to quickly peel a lot of seeds.
- Bring a 2-liter pot of water to a boil.
- Pour the seeds into boiling water. They are lighter than water, therefore they float and do not sink.
- Cover with a lid to simmer for a minute or two. The steam will not evaporate and will heat the top layer that is not in the water.
- Strain them through a sieve → let cool and drain off the moisture.
Pour the seeds into the blender bowl and jerk them several times at minimum speed → finally at maximum speed.The steamed shell becomes soft, it breaks more easily when rubbing against each other. The seeds that come into contact with the blade are frayed into dust, but the loss is only 10% of the total.
- Fill a bowl with hot water, add salt if desired.
- Pour the "porridge" from the blender into it. Peeled seeds are heavier than water, they will sink, and the shell is lighter - it will remain on the surface.
- Within five minutes, the kernels will settle, and you will use a small strainer to collect the shells.
You will only have peeled seeds left. Now it's just a small matter - to dry them.
How to fry peeled seeds in the microwave
- Pour the peeled kernels onto a dish → add 2 tbsp. l. sunflower oil or water to keep the salt on the seeds.
- Season with salt → stir → and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Mix → start the timer again for 2 minutes → stir → taste.
If not fried, turn on the microwave for another 30 seconds or 1 minute.
Read: "How to Cook Fish for Soft Bones: Three Ways for a Pressure Cooker, Frying Pans, and Microwave"
Look video life hack, as perpeeling nuts and almonds