It is sad to realize that many athletes do not know the basics of physical education. These include the ability to control the intensity of your workouts by manipulating your own heart rate.
But the heart rate for burning fat or strength training is the pillar on which the effectiveness of the training process is based and its importance should not be underestimated, since exercising uncontrollably you can earn a number of unpleasant sores, such as:
- hypertension - sudden surges in pressure associated with thinning and deterioration of the circulatory system. Exercising too intensely and not keeping track of your heart rate can damage your heart in elementary fashion;
- overtraining - constant fatigue, interruptions in sleep and moral devastation. It appears as a result of exhausting the central nervous system, through a combination of hard cardio and strength training;
- muscle and joint pain - By not controlling your heart rate, you interfere with the body's supply of nutrients to bones and muscle tissue. The result is always the same, this leads to the appearance of painful sensations in various parts of your body that are most vulnerable to you personally.
And all this, not to mention the fact that by measuring and monitoring your heart rate, you can increase the intensity and effectiveness of your workouts by 20-25% during the first month. But in order to understand how to correctly carry out these observations and how to make your training truly effective, you need to know what the pulse is and how to work with it.
What is the pulse and how to control it
First of all, you should understand that the concepts of "pulse" and "heart rate"
are practically synonymous. Of course, in matters of accurate measurements, one or another is possible.
errors, but in practice everything happens as follows:
- The heart muscle contracts according to the principle of a pump, driving blood through the body, which, saturated with oxygen and other nutrients, spreads throughout the body, supplying all organs, tissues and cells with the components necessary for their work. This is followed by a second push and the blood that has already exhausted its resource, as it were, is pushed by new portions of blood to the initial point of exit. Thus, circulating in the body, this flow does not stop for a minute, as this would mean death within one or two minutes.
And now we draw conclusions about what the pulse means for fat burning and other purposes, based on the above:
- firstly, the higher the number of heartbeats (pulse) per minute, the faster our body is provided with all the necessary substances for normal functioning. When we exercise, the extra blood flow moves to the muscles, after a heavy meal, to the stomach and intestines, respectively;
- secondly, with an increase in heart rate, our circulatory system, like ordinary water pipes, works in a forced mode. And what will happen if a larger flow is allowed through the water supply than usual? The pressure will rise, as will the risk that the tube vessels will not withstand it. Over time, in the absence of control, the circulatory system will wear out, leading to hypertension or micro-ruptures in the capillary network. Athletes can often observe this with their own eyes, in the form of black bruises under the skin;
- and, finally, thirdly, in a trained person who purposefully prepares his cardio system for high loads, a more powerful capillary network is formed. This allows for a longer and more efficient supply of blood to the body, even with high-intensity exertion.
Read: "How to choose a heart rate monitor: which is the most accurate?"
An interesting fact: that is why it is simply impossible to train right after a meal, since there is not enough blood in the body to perform two forced functions at the same time.
As a result, if you train on a full stomach, our body will prioritize and direct blood to the muscles, leaving the digestive organs without proper nourishment, but then, you know. The stomach becomes disrupted and slows down, the intestines absorb nutrients more slowly, and we have an overwhelming urge to visit the bathroom.
How to calculate your heart rate for fat burning
The knowledge in this area that you have received now can be used for a variety of purposes, which we will talk about later, but first of all, you should understand that the highest and lowest points of pulse activity are determined individually, based on your age and other criteria. The simplest formula looks like this: 220 - (your age) = maximum heart rate individually for you. Calculate this frequency right now, and on the next workout check how this figure corresponds to the real state of affairs. But remember that the maximum heart rate is exactly the critical threshold, which should not be crossed.
The optimal heart rate for burning fat is approximately 60-70% of this figure and it is this indicator, which is called the "point of maximum efficiency", you have to adhere to in your workouts.
Similarly, you have to determine how developed your cardio system is, which is measured by the usual measurement of heart rate per minute, at rest.
- No more than 60 beats per minute indicates that you are well trained and your
the heart works like a clock. Do not be afraid if you are a professional athlete and you have
this figure is 40-50 strokes, since this is normal and, moreover, is
a huge plus and suggests that your circulatory system is ideally suited to providing the body with nutrients, with minimal wear and tear.
- From 60 to 80 beats per minute, this is the figure of the average person without
bad habits with active hobbies. Good, but not perfect, as in the case
the occurrence of prolonged stress is still a high risk of vascular overstrain.
- From 80 or more beats per minute, the indicator of an untrained person with the presence
bad habits or pathologies of the cardiovascular system. You should get through
consultation with a doctor, and then begin to correct the current situation.
Well, now that you have determined your point of maximum efficiency and heart rate limit, and also know how good your physical fitness is, it's time to learn how to use this knowledge in practice in various types of training:
- Fat-burning heart rate is the most common occurrence, as monitoring your heart rate really allows you to balance on the brink, burning fat, but at the same time, without exhausting yourself to the limit. The fact is that the ideal heart rate for an average person in cardio training will be a figure from 120 to 130 beats per minute. This figure for you will be equal to the point of maximum efficiency, which we talked about earlier. In order to effectively use the heart rate for burning fat, you should adhere to this heart rate for at least 20 minutes, and then turn into alternation: increasing the speed of movement (on a treadmill or an exercise bike), raise this indicator by 20 beats and keep it in this pore 5- 10 minutes, then return to your original reading and repeat this procedure 2-3 times;
- pulse for strength training - everything is a little more complicated here, since while working with iron, you cannot "cool down" below a heart rate of 90-100 beats per minute, and rises above 140 beats will indicate an excessively high intensity in the exercise.There is one little trick - after completing each approach, resting for 1-2 minutes, do not sit on the simulator, but get up and walk, this will lower your heart rate faster. And of course, do not forget about the exercise technique and breathing.
Note: "How to choose an orbitrack"
It is equally important to control the parameters of the body in case of additional stimulation using fat burners. We recommend that you seek the advice of a professional trainer or sports nutritionist before taking any supplements. That's all that brief basis you need to know in order not only to effectively train, burn fat or build muscle, but also in order to stay healthy. Indeed, the health of our entire body directly depends on the circulatory system, which means that by exercising correctly today, you add yourself an extra hour of life, health and strength in old age, and this, you see, is worth a lot!
Check out the line of sports nutrition in our store / shop / sportivnoe-pitanie /
Watch the video review of the Sigma heart rate monitor. Now it's even easier to monitor your performance