Even if you blow off the dust particles from your smartphone, you still won't be able to catch a scratch or dot on the display. And breaking the screen is a whole tragedy. Replacing the touchscreen is like buying a new phone.
There are several ways to protect the display and panel of your smartphone. These are the simplest and most effective methods:
- protective film,
- tempered (protective) glass,
- skin (decorative film),
- cover and punch (flip cover).
Each option has its own advantages and disadvantages.
- Some protect the phone from scratches, but do not save it if it falls.
- Others are a reliable shield for the device, but double the size.
The problem can be solved easier - buy film or glass. You will have to choose what is better and than sacrifice in this sensitive issue.
Useful article: "How to enable / disable the flash on an iPhone"
Why is a screen protector good?
Earrings in your ears or keys in your pocket will ruin your display in seconds. That is why put on a thin shell of your smartphone. Which film is better - decide for yourself.
|Mixed (combines the properties of a glossy and matte film)|
To protect and decorate your smartphone at the same time - take note:
- The polyurethane film is scratch resistant, much stronger than glossy and matte. If an air bubble gets underneath while sticking, do not squeeze out. It will resolve within a week. However, over time, the film turns yellow, and its contours are painted in the color of the cover.
- Vinyl stickers protect your phone from scratches and decorate it. They are glued to the front and back panels of the case, combining texture or pattern in a certain style. Vinyl stickers improve the grip of the device. But it is almost impossible to squeeze air bubbles out from under the jewelry.
Types of protective glasses for smartphones
Tempered glass like armor. Thanks to a special treatment, it is first heated up to 680 ° C, then cooled with cold air. It absorbs shock one hundred percent and protects the smartphone screen from point damage and scratches. Resists even from the swoop of a knife and will not crack from the effects of a screwdriver.
Protective glasses differ in the feature of the coating.
- Made of silicone base - for fixation on the display.
- From the containment layer so that the broken screen does not fall to pieces.
- Anti-reflective coating - the display will not fade in bright light.
- With a protective layer - to avoid cracks.
- Made of oleophobic coating - for a smooth glide.
The thickness of glasses for smartphones varies. It happens 0.26 mm, 0.33 mm and even 0.5 mm. But the hardness is unchanged - 9H.Glass is 2-3 times stronger than film.
- does not impair the sensitivity of the sensor;
- does not spoil the color rendition and image clarity;
- easy to stick without forming bubbles.
- not suitable for all phones;
- costs more than film.
Note: "Wireless charging: life force for a voracious smartphone"
See the crash test of protective glass in the review
Film or glass for a smartphone - which is better?
|+ cheaper glass||- strong, withstands punctual impacts|
|- dexterity is needed to glue||+ easy to glue|
|+ neutralizes glare||- gives glare|
|- bubbles, will have to be changed more often||+ will break when hitting the asphalt, but the screen will remain intact|
|+ protects against scratches and abrasions||+ does not reduce screen sensitivity, color rendition and image quality|
How to protect your phone case: 4 ways
- The bumper covers the body and side panels. Raises the smartphone slightly. Its dimensions do not increase with such modernization.
- The overlay is a beautiful protection with carving, painting or original patterns. Made from rubber, silicone, plastic, metal. Side panels often have cutouts for buttons.
- A punch or flip cover resembles a book or notebook. A cover made of plastic, leather or its artificial substitute is attached to the back of the phone. It fits snugly only to the back cover, the side edges are not protected. A flat part of the punch (flip) is thrown over the screen, which is attached with a Velcro, a button or a magnet. The material of such accessories is decorated with patterns, drawings, printed lace, etc.
- The case, like a harness, protects the smartphone as much as possible from damage. It covers the body and screen of the device and does not let dust inside.
For original covers, bumpers and overlays for smartphones, see the review