Electric convectors are a popular type of electric heating. They are used to heat any premises where there is electricity. They work on the principle of convection: when heated, the lower layers of air rise up, and the upper layers, giving off their heat to surrounding objects, cool down and move down. Circulation of warm air provides warmth and comfort to your home. How to choose a convector?
8 advantages of electric convectors:
- safe operation. It is not possible to burn yourself, the protective housing of the convector heats up to 45-65 ° C;
- energy savings. Built-in electronic thermostat controls temperature;
- fast warming up of premises;
- protection against moisture and splashes, used when necessary in a damp room;
- ergonomic design eliminates sharp corners, protecting from injury;
- does not dry out the air;
- easily mounted on any surface;
- a built-in sensor turns off the convector when it rolls over
Convector selection: installation method
- wall - mounted on brackets anywhere on the wall. Often - under the window, creating a thermal curtain and preventing the glass from fogging;
- floor - equipped with legs or wheels. They are located anywhere in the room where the power cord can reach;
- skirting boards are installed along the wall near the floor. Their height is 13-20 cm. They are installed in rooms with large windows (showcases or stained-glass windows);
- universal - placed on the floor and on the walls. Supplied with wall brackets and feet for floor placement;
- built-in - do not clutter up the space of the room. They are not visible, since they are installed in niches of walls or floors and are closed with grilles. Their placement is planned during the construction or renovation of the house.
- traditional convectors are a popular type of appliance. They work on the basis of convection of air, which, getting into the inside of the convector, heats up and goes out through the upper grilles. Reliable in operation;
- convection infrared convectors combine two heating technologies - convection and infrared radiation. Therefore, not only the air is warmed up, but also the floor, walls, and other interior items of the room. Energy efficient.
Heating element type for convectors:
- the spiral is isolated from the surrounding air and is in contact with the radiator-heat exchanger, which does not allow the air to dry out and the dust to burn out, provoking poor health in the room;
- a ceramic heater is more expensive, but its service life is longer. Looks aesthetically pleasing even without a protective cover.
- mechanical control. Advantages: simple and reliable to use. Disadvantages: not high accuracy in control, it is impossible to program the operation of the device;
- electronic control. Advantages: stability and accuracy of specified temperature conditions. Some models are combined into a single system and controlled by a remote control. Disadvantages: Not suitable for wet rooms.
Which convector is better to buy: power
Choosing a convector, determine its optimal power for heating the room. It is necessary to multiply 1 kW of power by 10 sq.m. area with a standard ceiling height (from 2.5 to 3.2 meters). When calculating the power, take into account the presence and size of windows, additional sources of heating, the height of the ceilings, the width and materials of the walls.
An approximate calculation of the heating power is given in the table below.
Electric convector power calculation table
Which convector is better: functions
Electric convectors have additional functions that contribute to economical and comfortable use:
- the ionizer catches dust and saturates the air with ions, thereby reducing fatigue, increasing efficiency and immunity. Works in the same way when the heating mode of the device is off;
- frost protection will work automatically if the room temperature drops below +5 ° C;
- possibility of programming (function Restart). The device remembers its current parameters and sets them correctly when resuming operation after a power outage. Convenient for frequent power outages;
- the thermostat automatically turns off when the set temperature is reached and turns on when the air cools down;
- the timer sets the preset heating time;
- regulation of temperature and power. The user independently sets the required temperature and power for heating the room.
- it is not recommended to install the convector in rooms where there are flammable substances;
- models with IP21 protection level, installed in rooms with high humidity;
- it is forbidden to mount the wall convector near the socket. The minimum distance from the socket is 10 cm;
- convectors do not like drafts. When installing the heater, make sure that the room is not blown out, as the temperature regulation process is disrupted.
Check out the line of electric convectors in the online store “Fotos” / shop / elektricheskie-konvektory /. Happy shopping!
Watch the video review of Noirot electric convectors.