Launch the Internet Explorer browser, and then click on the "Tools" button in the upper right corner. In the context menu, select the "Browser options" item. In the "Internet Options" window, open the "Security" tab. Select the "Dangerous Sites" zone to configure security settings.
Skype displays targeted ads based on the information that the user enters during registration. Men are offered more goods for men, women - for women, young people - one thing, people with experience - another.
To stop Microsoft Skype from spying on you, do the following (instructions for computers and laptops).
1. Go to Instruments >Settings.
2. Go to the tab Safety, press the button Show advanced options.
3. In the advanced security settings, uncheck the “Allow Microsoft to serve targeted ads based on age and gender in Skype Personal Information”And save.
How to block ads on Skype completely
By removing the check mark, you will not get rid of annoying information completely. Microsoft partners with ad networks that monitor what you do online. Noting what you searched for in online stores, they bombard you with similar products. Complete disabling of Skype ads is possible after blocking the addresses of sites from which Microsoft pulls banner ads. To do this, you need computer administrator rights.
1. Go to the folder C: WindowsSystem32driversetc
2. Find the file hosts.
3. Click on it with the right mouse button and select Open.
4. You will be prompted to select a program to open. Find the text editor Notepad. Click OK
5. Opening hosts, add two lines at the very bottom:
- 127.0.0.1 rad.msn.com
- 127.0.0.1 apps.skype.com
6. Click on notepad File >Save.
That's it, more ads on Skype will not be displayed.
Useful article: "Skype commands: how to format text and other" gadgets ""