Fan heaters, thanks to the powerful air flow, quickly heat up the room and help to reduce dampness in it. But after turning off the heater, the room cools down to the initial temperature in a short period of time.
Heating speed and inexpensive cost (the cheapest type of heaters) are an indisputable advantage of household fan heaters.
Differs in scope:
By type of fuel:
- gas (liquefied, natural) - used for rapid heating (in a few minutes) of industrial and public premises;
- water - save energy due to the use of hot water. They quickly warm up rooms with a large area and stably maintain the set temperature over a certain area of the room. Simple, convenient and reliable to use.
- stationary (floor, wall, floor / wall, desktop);
- portable (for home and office).
Electric fan heaters: which is the best?
Electric fan heaters by the type of heating element are divided into three types:
- spiral (operating temperature - 800 ° C) - made of nichrome wire, which is wound on a rod, forming a spiral. It has a high heating temperature, burns the dust that gets on the spiral - while releasing harmful substances and an unpleasant odor. This type of heater dries up the air in the room;
- Heating elements (200 ° С) - a tubular electric heater (heating element) made of graphite or wire is used. The space inside the tube is filled with a substance that has a high thermal conductivity. The area of the heating element increases - this leads to a decrease in its operating temperature. They are safer than spiral ones, but they are more expensive;
- ceramic ones consist of many small honeycombs through which heated air is blown. It has a low operating temperature (less than 200 ° C) due to its large surface area. Their main advantage is environmental friendliness (they do not drain oxygen). They are comfortable and safe to use.
Which is better - a fan heater or a convector?
Household fan heaters
The room is quickly heated by a fan heater due to the operation of the built-in fan, which drives a large volume of air through the heating element.
- small price;
- air is quickly and evenly distributed throughout the room;
- compact size;
- availability of additional functions (cold air mode, thermostat, timer, rotary system, remote control and others);
- original design.
- noise when the engine is running at high speeds;
- unpleasant odor from combustion of dust and debris falling on the open heating coil.
Wall-mounted fan heater
The wall-mounted fan heater is similar in appearance to the indoor unit of an air conditioner. The functions are the same as the air curtain. It is used for heating and for cutting off cold air - as an air heat curtain at the entrances to cafes, shops and office buildings.
- equipped with overheating protection;
- lightweight and compact;
- air flow direction is regulated;
- the timer saves energy;
- models with a built-in air ionizer prevents dust from spreading around the room.
When buying a device for your home, consider the important points:
- type of heating element;
- the presence of a coarse sponge filter installed on the rear panel;
- power (from 1 to 3 kW);
- additional functions;
- fan safety (protection against overheating, automatic shutdown when overturning).
The heater works on the convection principle: cold air enters the appliance through the lower grill and passes through the heater. Exits through the upper grate, spreading throughout the room. Necessary if the apartment is not connected to central heating or is poorly heated. The electric convector is silent in operation, it warms up the air already from 1-3 minutes after switching on, while oil heaters - after 20-30 minutes. Models with power / temperature control functions, timer, thermostat consume 10% less electricity than heaters that do not have these functions.
- longer heater operation;
- fast air heating;
- two installation methods (floor-mounted with castors and wall-mounted with a fastening element);
- the ability to combine several devices into a single network for full heating of the house;
- noiseless operation.
- low rate of heating the room to the set temperature.
Article on the topic: "How to choose a convector: the pros and cons of electric heating"
We invite you to the f.ua catalog, where you can choose the model and type of heater based on your preferences.