The developers will present the new generation of Samsung smartphones in two versions - Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 +. Their difference from their predecessors will be the location of the fingerprint scanner - under the camera lens, like in the Galaxy A8 and A8 +.
Also, the flagships are being improved in several ways.
- Ultra-clear scanner resolution... The retinal autoscanner of both models will have a sensor resolution of 3 megapixels. The recently released Samsung Galaxy S8 is just 2 megapixels.
- Precise identification and lightning-fast autofocus... The S9 will have a single camera, the S9 Plus will have a 16 megapixel dual photo module. The dual camera provides double optical stabilization and enhanced aperture with the ability to blur the background of the image.
- Speed of the accelerated video shooting 1000 frames per second... The built-in sensor is capable of slowing down movements by 40 times. This feature will allow you to shoot exciting slow motion video. For comparison, the iPhone 8 and 10 shoot slow-motion videos at up to 240 frames per second.
Samsung sets the tone for the design of new products.
- The screen diagonals of the phones will remain the same as those of the Samsung Galaxy S8:
- 5.8 ″ for S9,
- and a 6.2 ″ AMOLED display in the older version of the S9 +.
- But the bezels will become even thinner - the display will take 89.5% of the front panel. The previous model has 84% screen area, while the iPhone 10 has only 81.5%.
- The screen resolution at 2960x1440 pixels will delight the eye with bright and rich color reproduction.
- The palette of the Samsung S9 case will be enriched with one more color - purple.
The smartphones will be based on the Exynos 9810 processor for the European market, and the Snapdragon 845 for the US and China.
We turn on the live broadcast of the Samsung Galaxy S9 presentation on February 25, 2018 at 19-00 o'clock.
The new Exynos 9810 is built with second generation ten nanometer technology. It has four cores with a maximum frequency of 2.9 GHz. This chip will increase the performance of smartphones by 10% and reduce their power consumption by 15%.
Both gadgets will receive 6 GB of RAM and up to 128 gigabytes of internal flash memory. Based on a neural network, the smartphone identifies people and objects in photographs.
- The chip supports hybrid facial recognition using 3D scanning by the front camera.
- Using a fingerprint scanner and an iris of the eye, you can unlock-lock the device.
Thanks to the LTE modem, users will be able to stream videos in 4K resolution, and videos in 360 °. The maximum download speed is 1.2 GB / s. Samsung based on Exynos 9810 will be able to record 4K video at 120 frames per second and take photos even in the dark.
Samsung Galaxy S9: release date and price
The premiere of the flagships is scheduled for February 26, 2018 in Barcelona, at the World Congress of the Mobile Industry.
The estimated cost of the Galaxy S9 is $ 840, and the S9 Plus is $ 962.
Immediately after the official release of smartphones, you can pre-order in our store.
Note: "What to do now to quickly find a stolen or lost phone"
Watch a video review of the future flagship Samsung Galaxy S9