Popcorn is a delicious drug. The more you eat, the more you want. You don't have to go to the cinema to enjoy a tasty treat! You can make your own popcorn in the microwave. To do this, choose a maize variety of corn. Its seeds open almost one hundred percent, making deafening sounds.
The ancient inhabitants of America explained these claps by the indignation of the spirit that lives in its "house" and bursts out of anger that it was disturbed. The maize variety contains a lot of water. Moisture heated to 175 ° C turns into steam, which breaks the hermetic shell with a crackle.
There are two options for preparing a microwave snack. Here they are - choose any!
Method number 1 - fry popcorn from special corn (sold by weight, from grandmothers)
The technology is simple:
- put a piece of butter in a glass or ceramic dish. It will give a special taste and aroma;
- melt it so that it spreads along the bottom with a thin film;
- pour in a handful of corn. Shake it up. Let the oil envelop all the grains evenly;
- close the lid and turn on the microwave. After a while, you will hear the grains burst. Watch the process - burnt kernels taste disgusting. The frying process will take no more than 4 minutes.
Method # 2 - make store-bought popcorn
"Shop" semi-finished product in paper packaging is even easier to prepare. For ideal opening of the kernels, turn on the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Take out the bag and shake well. Then put it back and turn on the timer for the remainder of the allotted time (3-4 minutes in total).
That's all alchemy!
Interesting article: "How to whip milk" to get an airy froth for latte, cappuccino or coffee
Popcorn in a pan
You can cook a delicacy in a frying pan with any coating, but on a cast iron it is best. It “retains” heat for a long time, providing ideal opening of the nucleoli.
- Heat a deep frying pan on the stove.
- Sprinkle with refined oil (or other unscented oil) just enough to butter up the grains, not drown them.
- Add a handful of corn and cover the pan with a glass lid. You will watch the process!
- Shake the pan from time to time. The grains will open evenly and will not burn.
- When you hear frequent popping, remove from heat.
You can use the same method to make popcorn in a saucepan, oven, or slow cooker.
To make the grains open to 100%, freeze them in the freezer beforehand. Due to the sharp temperature drop, they will instantly turn into "flowers".
How to make sweet popcorn
Usually hot corn is mixed with powdered sugar. Sometimes sprinkled with vanilla and coconut. Pour the freshly prepared delicacy into a bag, tie it so as not to spill it, and shake it vigorously.
Popcorn with caramel is a movie theater classic. Now we will reveal the secret of its preparation!
How to make caramel:
- melt 30 grams of creamy mala in a saucepan and add a glass of sugar;
- add 2 tbsp. spoons of water. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly;
- pour over hot caramel and stir.
Add cocoa, grated chocolate, or lemon zest to your caramel to add flavor. Or make a mind-blowing dessert - colorful popcorn. Then you certainly can't drag the guys by the ears!
Watch the video how easy it is to cook caramel treats of different colors
Unusual marshmallow popcorn balls will please even grandmothers. Especially those who love to pamper their grandchildren.
Making sweet balls is a matter of minutes. See how simple it is!
How salted popcorn is prepared in different countries
Spice blends work wonders.Including popcorn. That is why he is so loved all over the world!
In France, hot "flowers" are often mixed with powdered dry herbs and sea salt. In England, it is preferred with ground nutmeg and pepper. The Germans add smoked meats. Americans are omnivorous - they spice up their snack with whatever they find in the refrigerator. They even mix cheese popcorn with pieces of smoked herring.
In Ukraine, too, they are not bastard. Therefore, we came up with our own national recipe for salty snacks - with a "spark".
- chop the garlic (the more cloves, the sharper it will be) in the garlic and fry in a small saucepan until golden brown;
- if desired, catch it and discard;
- sprinkle hot corn with garlic oil and stir in grated cheese;
- salt and pepper to taste and crunch to your satisfaction.
Useful article: "What to cook for breakfast"