I connected an Android smartphone two or three years ago to a Smart TV. It is convenient - it connects without wires and additional equipment. But not practical: videos and games are not available.
- Make sure your phone and TV are on the same wireless network. This is possible if your router is dual-band.
- To connect your phone to a TV, launch the corresponding function on the TV.
Activate screen broadcast on your smartphone. The item “Settings → Connected Devices” is sometimes referred to as “Broadcast” or “Miracast”. This item may be hidden in the display settings. For proprietary TV control applications (LG TV Plus), the menu is called “Connect to Mobile Device”.
- Search your wireless network. When TV is indicated, a PIN code appears on the screen. Enter it on your smartphone.
After trying to connect the phone to the TV via Wi-Fi, the phone screen will be broadcast to the TV.
If a TV without Smart, but a Smart Tv set-top box with Wi-Fi is connected to it, the devices are synchronized in the same way. The procedure is described above, only performed on the console.
Connect phone to TV using Miracast
Budget models lack a wireless module. In this case, a separate adapter (for example, Mirascreen G2) will help to broadcast the phone screen to the TV. Yes, you have to spend money. But the purchase more than pays off with the high transfer speed and ease of setup.
- Connect the Miracast receiver to an available HDMI connector.
- Connect the USB power cable to it.
- Switch the TV set to the selected HDMI: information with connection parameters will appear on the screen.
- Turn on the image broadcast on your smartphone.
- Connect to the wireless network of the adapter.
Done! Question: "How to connect a phone to a TV via HDMI" has been resolved.
How to connect Android to TV with MHL cable
A special cable or MHL adapter is required. For example Dynamode MHL-HDMI-UNI. He's not expensive. Bought and forgotten: you can watch videos and play for fun. The only drawback is that MHL is not supported on all devices.
- Connect the MHL device to the HDMI port, → to your smartphone, → to an external power source.
- To display the smartphone screen, switch the TV signal source to the correct HDMI port.
Watch the video on how to connect your smartphone to a Samsung TV