Do you want your iron to last a long time and not leave rusty stains on your clothes? Descale it in time! F.ua will share with you three effective ways to clean your appliance if rusty water is leaking from it when ironing.
Limescale forms inside the soleplate and settles on the elements of the appliance. That is why, when steaming, dirty water with impurities flows out of the soles of the honeycomb and stains the laundry. If the self-cleaning function (not all models are equipped) does not help, try the tried and tested methods for descaling.
The first way to descale
Proceed as follows:
- dilute a sachet of citric acid in a glass of hot water;
- pour into the reservoir of the device;
- set the iron to the maximum heating level;
- after turning it off (wait for the signal lamp to go out), apply several jets of powerful steam, swinging the iron horizontally forward / backward and right / left. So the water from the tank will come into contact with the hot heating element. Under the influence of the temperature difference and the acidic environment, the scale peels off and comes out through the holes in the sole. Cooling down gradually, the water cools the heaters and flushes the holes.
Repeat these steps several times to heighten the effect. You will see: scale and debris will come out along with the steam.
Useful article: "How to clean the iron from carbon deposits"
The second way to clean the iron
In modern models, a rod is provided on which scale settles. To prevent the sole from leaking, remove it regularly and soak it in a solution of acetic or citric acid for 2 hours. After that, rinse with running water and return to the iron.
Topic article: "Which iron sole is better?"
The third cleaning method
Only suitable for iron with metal soleplate:
- place the appliance in a wide frying pan or on a baking sheet;
- pour hot water so that it covers the sole by 1.5 cm;
- add table vinegar at the rate of 1 cup to 1 liter of water;
- set the steam regulator to the maximum mark;
- turn on the stove and bring the solution to a boil;
- turn off the hotplate and let the water cool down. Then repeat the procedure.
Attention: under no circumstances plug the iron into an outlet, so that you will not be electrocuted.
Rinse the sole under running water and leave to dry for 24 hours. For test ironing, use a cotton rag that you do not mind. Most of the deposits will remain on it.
Now you know what to do if the iron is leaking.
If after the descaling procedure, water still flows from the soleplate of the appliance, contact the service center. Competent specialists "Support.ua" will diagnose the device and fix the problem.
More details: "Service of small household appliances"
There is a good selection of irons in the electronic catalog of our store. Order the product right now. Tomorrow we will deliver the purchase at a convenient time for you.
With these irons, a dense stream of steam will smooth out even dry clothes made of linen and cotton without any problems. But this is not their main advantage. Find out more!