The ambiguous position of the sash - when it was simultaneously opened for opening and for airing - the situation is annoying, but correctable. Is that the impressionable slightly "tickles the nerves" -)). Okay, just kidding and that's enough. Let's go save the window!
What to do if the plastic window sags and does not close
When there is an anti-opener (blocker located at the end of the window transom):
- Press and hold the lock towards the seal;
- Turn the jammed handle to its normal position;
- Lean the top edge of the shutter against the frame, turn the handle down and close.
When there is no blocker:
- Press the top corner against the frame and turn the handle;
Turn the handle firmly pressing the closed sash against the frame - this will not double opening!
Does the situation repeat itself often? Adjust the sash so that it does not "slip" anymore.
How to adjust:
- Remove the plastic cover from the bottom hinge;
- Take a screwdriver or an Allen key to "4" (who is more convenient) and tighten the adjusting elements;
- Check your work: if the sash opens / closes easily, then everything was done correctly.
- Remember to put back the decorative trim on the hinge.
Done! That's all the work.
Note: "Types of Phillips Screwdrivers and How to Avoid Their Wear"
Watch the video how to close if the transom does not close